Being a celebrity seems great. I mean, you can be in all these movies, be around all these amazing actors and artists, earn a lot of money. “Normal” people would love to be a celebrity for a day. But maintaining a relationship can be difficult.
Some manage to maintain a happy and lasting relationship, but it is rare. Their relationships fail, and because their lives are so public, we see them collapse and burn. The Paparazzi are only waiting to capture when these celebrities make a mistake.
It’s hard to imagine how they can have a peaceful relationship with someone without having ANY privacy at all. Here are some celebrities who tried to get away with cheating, but simply failed epically. Sadly, they had their infidelity exposed directly in the media. Good try, good try.
1. Anyone who is a fan of Jennifer Lopez surely remembers his relationship with Ben Affleck. But before that, the singer / actress was married to Chris Judd, her backup dancer. The two were married from 2001-2002. But they divorced after rumors circulated that he was having sex with Affleck. That was never confirmed or denied.
2. Heidi Klum and Seal were two objectives. The two married in May 2005 and had three children. They seem to be the perfect family and totally in love with each other. But then there were rumors that Heidi was cheating on Seal with his bodyguard. Later, Klum admitted in TMZ that he was “seeing” his bodyguard and they both dated between 2012-2014.
3. Who can forget Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey? His show “Newlyweds Nick and Jessica” was amazing. They married in October 2002 and Simpson filed for divorce in 2005. But in 2004, when she was still married to Lachey, UsWeekly points out that it was rumored that she was joining Adam Levine. The paparazzi surprised her by leaving a hotel rocking the singer’s shirt.
4. This was probably one of the most public cheating scandals out there. We all remember that Jude Law became engaged to Sienna Miller in 2004. But it all fell apart when in 2005, Law issued a public apology to Miller for having an affair with his children’s nanny. Us Magazine named it one of the biggest cheating scandals of all time. Be careful with those nannies.
5. Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman were married in 1998. The two met on the set of their movie Gattaca in ’96. They were married for six years, until they divorced in 2006. There were rumors that Hawke tricked Thurman with the nanny. In an interview with Us Weekly, Hawke noted, “People have such a childish view of monogamy … our species is not monogamous.”
6. Anne Heche started dating Ellen Degeneres in 1997. They both broke up in 2000, and the whole situation was caught by the media with rumors that Heche was cheating on Ellen with a cameraman, Coleman Laffoon. During that time, Heche published a statement in the Daily News, in which he said: “Unfortunately, we have decided to end our relationship, it is a friendly farewell, and we greatly appreciate the 3.5 years we have spent together …”
7. For those of us who have been monitoring Keeping up with the Kardashians from the first day, who can forget the relationship between Adrienne Bailon and Rob Kardashian. They both date from 2007 to 2009. They were pretty serious during those two years, even Kardashian tattooed his name on his chest. But everything fell apart, when rumors ran that he had cheated on her. The show documented the terrible rupture.
8. Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson were co-stars in the popular Twilight Franchise. They were also super enamored of each other in real life and started dating for about three years. The relationship collapsed after Stewart was caught cheating Pattinson with his married with Snow White and Huntsman director Rupert Sanders. This whole situation was public, and Stewart really offered an apology to the family of Pattinson and Sanders.